Saturday, December 5, 2009
Home for the Holidays
Nothing can describe what it's like to wake up Friday morning after enjoying such wonderful meals on Thanksgiving and pull out all the totes full of Christmas decor. This year, Conner was my little helper and we had such fun that it still brings a huge smile to my face. He was in charge of all the nutcrackers and if you could have been there you would have heard his jubilant "Mommy, Mommy, I found another one, look at this one!" He's hooked on these handsome soldiers too, so I hoisted him up so he could place each one. Of course he was also instrumental in helping me put the tree together and lights up (yep this is year 2 without a real one, next year we're going back to a real tree again). Conner was not interested in decorating the remainder of the tree but when I pulled out the garland for the railing and all the ornaments Nana so lovingly made along with Steve's creations and several of the kids' too, he perked back up again. Decorating the railing garland I have to say was my absolute FAVORITE part of the day. Conner was so mesmerized by each handmade bobble that he practically screamed as he took each one out and very cautiously hung them. Little mice, snow men, snow flakes, ice skates, stars, and even a Vikings helmet were amongst the ornaments. Those most special were the hand made ones by the kids, Grandparents, and Great Grandparents. Below are just a few shots for you to peek at and we pray that each and everyone one of you had your own special day decorating!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooooohhhh, Klair, I love the last photo with the ornaments and thefire in the background. Looks so cozy and warm!
ReplyDelete