Sunday, December 19, 2010

Annual Grochow Family Christmas!

The traditional gathering of the Grochow family occurred this Sunday the 19th and we were blessed with hosting this year! Steve volunteered shortly after Em & Mitch hosted last year so that gave me time to hit all the post Christmas sales in an attempt to put our vision into play affordably. It paid off, opening up the Christmas totes this year was so much fun and seeing all the fruits of our shopping labor payoff. I highly recommend braving the crazed stores to take advantage of their 70% plus sales if you foresee any entertaining in the next year. This year everyone was in attendance, the only regret, and it's a huge one, is that my camera didn't once leave it's case. The photo opportunities missed just make my heart ache but hopefully the memories remain clear, it was so much fun seeing everyone. Steve converted the garage into a "fun house" of sorts for the kids. A heater was set up making it toasty in there, Brienna and I stayed up till 11am Friday night putting up a Christmas tree, tables were set, their own special punch concoction made, toys galore and my kids' favorite, a WII. The noise level reached new highs and kids were everywhere, what a fun scene to behold, all the cousin's playing here and there.

The food was amazing and although it felt like I never left the kitchen, a lot of laughter and great conversations were a plenty. Babies oh babies to hold, little Abbott and Adley were just precious and cuddle time with both of them were sought by all. Family, what a wonderful word, the most precious out there and it's importance to us had us both smiling as our heads finally hit the pillow later that night. We feel truly blessed to be a part of such amazing families, thanks to everyone who brought such delicious fare to share and hopefully plans that were made to get-together in the New Year come to fruition.....

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your home was so cozy, so inviting, so comfortable and the food was AMAZING! Even that was incredibly beautiful! Will anyone want to host after you set the bar so high? Glad I've already hosted! My only wish was that it didn't fly by so fast, I felt like I was taking inventory of everyone, but didn't get all the chances to sit and talk that I would have liked. So glad I got to hold that chunky Adley though, she is one cute gal. The kids were still pleasantly happy on the way home and they had rave reviews of the night. Thank you for all your energy put into a fun afternoon! We love you!

    ReplyDelete